Becoming a Volunteer...
Want to help keep Worcester a great place to live, work and raise a family? Our Township offers many great volunteer opportunities for persons looking to lend a hand. Below find a list of volunteer committees, commissions and boards, and the volunteer positions now available.
To get started simply complete a Volunteer Application, and mail this to Worcester Township, 1721 Valley Forge Road, Post Office Box 767, Worcester, PA 19490. All applications received will be forwarded to the Board of Supervisors, for the Board’s review. The Board appoints all volunteer positions, absent volunteers for Worcester Community Day and other recreation events and programs (Township staff will work with these folks).
Thank you for your interest in serving our community!
- Act 209 Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee (1 position available) The Act 209 Traffic Impact Fee Advisory Committee prepares updates to the traffic impact fee that's charged against new development. These dollars are placed in a special account that funds future roadway and related improvements. State Law requires minimum qualifications for certain volunteers to this committee (contact us for more information), and all members serve at the pleasure of the Board of Supervisors. Please note the Committee meets only when the fee is being reviewed, and it is not expected that this Committee will meet in the foreseeable future... so volunteers looking to do something sooner should keep reading!
- Agricultural Security Area Advisory Committee (3 positions available) The Agricultural Security Area Advisory Committee reviews properties proposed to be added to the Worcester Township Agricultural Security Area, which helps to keep larger and agriculture-producing properties preserved. State Law requires minimum qualifications for certain volunteers to this committee (contact us for more information), and all members serve at the pleasure of the Board of Supervisors. The Committee meets only when an ASA application is received, which happens about once every year or two.
- North Penn Water Authority Representative (no positions available) This volunteer serves as the Township's representative on the North Penn Water Authority Board of Directors. The Authority provides public water service in all or parts of twenty municipalities. The Authority meets on a monthly basis (the schedule varies), and all representatives are appointed to a five-year term.
- Planning Commission (1 Alternate Member positions available) The Planning Commission reviews subdivision and land development plans, considers proposed ordinances, and undertakes special projects as assigned by the Board of Supervisors. The Planning Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of each month, and all members are appointed to a four-year term.
- UCC Board of Appeals (no positions available) The UCC Board of Appeals considers requests for Variances from the Township Building Code, and hears appeals from the decisions of the Building Inspector. The UCC Board of Appeals meets only when an application is received, which happens every year or two. All members are appointed to a five-year term.
- Zoning Hearing Board (no positions available) The Zoning Hearing Board considers requests for Special Exceptions and Variances from the Township Zoning Ordinance, and hears appeals from the decisions of the Zoning Officer. The Zoning Hearing Board meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month, and all members are appointed to a three-year term.
Interested in serving as a volunteer firefighter? The Worcester Volunteer Fire Department, our community's all-volunteer fire department, is always looking for good folks who want to keep our community safe. Please visit the WVFD at worcesterfd.com!
Township Staff and the Board of Supervisors communicate and work actively with numerous local volunteer, non-profit, and other community organizations. If you are interested in collaborating with the Township on a volunteer effort, please contact the Township Manager at (610) 584-1410.