This year Worcester Township will continue implementation of its annual road improvement program. This program is designed to maximize the useful life of infrastructure through an aggressive maintenance plan and appropriately-scheduled capital improvements. The program allows the Township to maintain more than 55 miles of roads in good condition.
The maintenance plan includes pothole repair, street sweeping, roadside brush trimming, roadside swale maintenance and patch milling. The capital plan includes the replacement of culverts and storm water pipes and the resurfacing and reconstruction of roads. On average, the Township resurfaces and/or reconstructs between three and five miles of roadways each year.
In 2019 the following roads will be resurfaced:
- Dell Road, from Water Street Road to Woodlyn Avenue;
- Heebner Road, from Hollow Road to Kriebel Mill Road;
- Hollow Road, from Skippack Pike to Stump Hall Road;
- West Point Drive, from Morris Road to Bethel Road; and,
- Woodlyn Avenue, from Dell Road to Valley Forge Road, and an additional 250 feet east of Valley Forge Road.
In addition, portions of Anvil Drive and Cedars Road will be repaired.
The work is scheduled to get underway in June.
Motorists using the above-noted roads may experience delays during construction. We thank folks for their understanding and patience as we work to improve our community’s roadways.